Sustainable living tours of Hockerton Housing Project
Sustainable living tour of Hockerton Housing Project
Intrigued by what an earth-sheltered home might look, or feel like, inside? Or wanting an overview of what it is to live sustainably?
Join one of our small group tours, which are led by a resident of the project on six Saturdays a year to give you a personal view on what it’s like to live in this sustainable co-housing project.
This tour includes a guided walk around the site to learn about our food, water and renewable energy systems, a tour of one of the homes, and a presentation on the challenges faced during the build, and subsequent development, of the project.
It is ideal for:
- People seeking a more sustainable personal lifestyle
- Undergraduate students
- Environmental and energy campaigners
- Other organisations with an interest in environmental issues, including climate change mitigation and adaptation
If you have a large group please contact us about a group tour.
The next dates are:
- Saturday 22nd May at 2pm
- Saturday 19th June at 2pm
- Saturday 11th September at 2pm
- Saturday 2nd October at 2pm
- Saturday 6th November at 2pm