Spondon St, Nottingham
Cohousing is an intentional community of private homes clustered around shared space. Nottingham Cohousing is a group of people interested in this type of living. Each attached or single family home has traditional amenities, including a private kitchen. Shared spaces typically feature a common house, which may include a large kitchen and dining area, laundry, and recreational spaces. Shared outdoor space may include parking, walkways, open space, and gardens.
City Council land became available in Sherwood at the back of the library on Spondon Street and we pursued this potential opportunity to develop it.
What is so special about Sherwood Cohousing?
- It will build a supportive, self-managing, diverse and sustainable community
- There will be ‘eco’ homes – low maintenance and low running costs.
- A ‘not for profit’ development
- A mix of affordable, buy or rent accommodation
- Green spaces and other facilities for all local people to share
- More than a library – it will include workshop spaces, a learning hub and community resource centre
- This could be the first of its kind in Nottingham city